Akai MPK88 is the daddy of the MPK range of USB Midi Controller Keyboards. Akai MPK88 features an 88-note, weighted hammer action keyboard that provides the feel and response of a true piano. MPK88 retains the same, stunning feature set developed for the rest of the MPK range, but offers a full size key-frame, which is ideal for composition and for playing huge virtual piano libraries.
MPK88 also features a keyboard split point, which enables the division of the keyboard into two zones for performing with two different programs at once. With 12 genuine MPC trigger pads, 12 controllers and a host of assignable buttons, the Akai MPK88 is the ideal Midi controller keyboard for driving your software sequencer, for playing virtual instruments and for composing.
The MPC-style trigger pads on the Akai MPK88 offer 12 function levels and MPC Swing, which can be applied to both Note Repeat and Arpeggio functions. Tap Tempo and time-division buttons allow for real-time control of Note Repeat and Arpeggio clock speeds. The Akai MPK88 delivers an amazing 72 assignable controls, with assignable inputs that include an expression pedal, footswitch, pitch bend and modulation wheel.
The Akai MPK88 is a MIDI controller that sends its MIDI values over USB. MPK-88 is also bus powered, so all you need to connect and power it is the supplied USB cable - neat and tidy! Because MPK88 is MIDI compliant, it works with most MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software for musical performers from keyboard players to producers to DJs and even VJs. Akai MPK88 features:
- 88-key fully weighted, hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
- 16 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
- MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 64 samples
- Control up to 72 software parameters with 24 assignable Q-Link knobs, buttons, and faders
- Key Split enables two different sounds from the same keyboard
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process
- Transport controls for use with sequencers and DAWs
- MPC Full Level, MPC 16-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software
- Works with virtually all MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software
- MPK88 keyboard controller
- USB cable
- Software CD
- Quick Start guide