Cakewalk Sonar X1 Essential replaces the Sonar Essential 8.5 Digital Audio Workstation software recording platform. Cakewalk Sonar X1 Essential recording software features a completely redesigned user interface, which is structured to make creating music faster and easier than ever before. With Sonar X1 Essential, you can create tracks with cutting-edge musical tools like the Step Sequencer and The Matrix. Customise your workspace with the Skylight interface. Get hands on control with Active Controller Technology (ACT). With a powerful collection of effects and instruments to get you started and more available tracks than DAWs costing twice the price, SONAR Essential is the perfect way to get your feet wet and to begin crafting your own masterpiece.
Constantly shuffling and resizing lots of floating windows is so last decade. Precisely suited for today’s music production, SONAR X1's unparalleled user interface design speeds up workflow and provides a clean and modern creation environment. Skylight introduces a next generation workspace and ushers in a new level of simplicity by providing an intelligent interface that moves beyond contemporary, single-window design and layout clutter. Cakewalk Sonar X1 Essential features:
- The completely redesigned Browser organises all of your content into one, easily-managed place. Drag and drop just about anything you can think of from the Browser directly to your workspace.
- Get all your clip, track, and channel data - centralised and at your fingertips. The new Inspector shows a wealth of data in a small footprint and allows for ergonomic track mixing. With Skylight, it’s also fully collapsible, expandable, dock-able and floatable.
- SONAR’s tools have been completely revamped for X1. Most functions are now performed with a single implement that switches automatically based on context. This dramatically speeds up editing and arranging by eliminating the need to constantly switch tools.
- Access crucial functions quickly and clearly with the new modular Control Bar. Modules logically group related functions and can be arranged to suit your desire. It’s fully collapsible, expandable, dock-able and floatable.
- The MultiDock is an integral part of the Skylight interface that allows you to dock and easily access any of SONAR’s views all in one place. The Console View, Step Sequencer, Piano Roll - even instruments and effects can all be contained within one consolidated area. For ultimate flexibility, the MultiDock itself can be quickly collapsed or expanded and can even be placed on an entirely separate monitor.
- Per-project Screensets remember every window position, size and state and are accessed directly from the Control Bar or via your QWERTY keyboard. Default Screensets are ready-to-go for just about any production scenario imaginable or create your own Screensets for tracking, mixing, jamming or experimenting. Recall everything - exactly the way you left it.