The Korg SP-200 Stage Piano is the perfect answer for any pianist looking for rich piano sounds and the convenience of a lightweight, portable instrument. Whether you're a professional musician, a student or simply playing for pleasure, the realism and flexibility of the SP-200 is sure to impress.
Superb Piano SoundHigh-quality stereo samples of some of the world's finest grand pianos guarantee the Korg SP-200's deep, defined, natural sound. There are four distinct and vibrant piano timbres: Grand Piano1 and 2, Bright Piano, and Classic Piano. To round out the piano offerings, the SP-200 also features a vintage Electric Grand sound, as well as an authentic Honky-Tonk piano.
Natural Touch and FeelYou'll find playing the SP-200 a delight, thanks to the velocity-sensitive hammer action keyboard, which faithfully reproduces the touch of an acoustic piano. Three carefully tuned touch curves allow you to tailor the keyboard to your own playing style. And with an ample 60-note polyphony, the SP-200 can keep up with your most complex passages and pedaling moves. The optional DS-1H pedal provides a Half-Pedal Sustain function that will meet the needs of even the most demanding pianists.
Added EffectsTwo effects processors - one for Reverb and one for Chorus - add spaciousness and depth to the SP-200 sound, recreating everything from a subtle chorus all the way up to the ambience of a concert hall. The effects settings have been optimised for each individual sound and the user can choose from three levels - Light, Normal, Deep - to complement their own performance.
A Rich Array of SoundsIn addition to the piano sounds, the Korg SP-200 also includes a variety of electric pianos, plus jazz and pipe organs, harpsichord, clav, strings and choir for a total of 30 sounds! All of the sounds can be used either individually, or in a two-sound layer. The table below shows the complete offering of sounds.
Korg SP200 Sounds:
- PIANO 1 Grand Piano 1* Bright Piano * Grand Piano 2
- PIANO 2 Classic Piano * Honky-Tonk * E. Grand Piano
- E. PIANO 1 Stage E. Piano Club E. Piano * Thin E. Piano *
- E. PIANO 2 Digital E. Piano 60s E. Piano Vintage E. Piano *
- HARPSI/CLAV Harpsichord Clav. Wah Clav.
- VIBES/GUITAR Vibraphone Marimba Acoustic Guitar
- ORGAN 1 Jazz Organ 1* Jazz Organ 2 * Jazz Organ 3 *
- ORGAN 2 Church Organ 1 * Church Organ 2 Church Organ 3
- STRINGS/PAD Strings Slow Strings * Warm Pad *
- CHOIR Choir Hoo Choir Doo * Choir Pad *
* Stereo Sounds
Compact and VersatileWhile the SP-200's modern and stylish design makes it ideal for home use; it's more than just a home piano. With its light weight and compact dimensions, the SP-200 is a perfect choice for travelling to rehearsals, studio sessions or gigs.
Perfect for Student PracticeThe built-in metronome and headphone output have been specifically included to encourage student practice. The metronome has volume control and the option of accenting the first beat of the bar to assist with rhythm practice. Students will also enjoy the flexible tuning options, which include instant transposing, fine tuning and additional temperament selections including the historical Kirnberger and Werckmeister scales.
Korg SP200 Specifications:
- Keyboard: 88-note velocity sensitive, with hammer-action
- Touch control: Light, Standard, Heavy
- Sound generator: Stereo PCM System*
- Polyphony: Max.. 60 notes (Max**)
- Sound programs: 30 sounds in ROM
- Effects: Reverb, Chorus (3 levels each)
- Demo: 30 incorporated demo songs
- Metronome: Tempo, Time Signature and Volume Controls
- Tuning: Transpose, Fine tuning, Temperament (Equal, Kirnberger, Werckmeister)