Tascam US-122 MKII replaces the US-122L and continues the worldwide success of its predecessors US-122, delivering a highly affordable USB 2.0 audio interface for PC and Mac computer based recording setups. Tascam US-122 MKII offers even better recording quality from a unit further reduced in size. Since US-122MKII does not require an additional power supply, this portable audio/MIDI interface is perfect for creating stereo recordings with a laptop computer wherever you go. You can even use Tascam US-122MKII to substitute the on-board soundcard of your Windows or Macintosh computer to play back music or video files with better sound quality.
Featuring XLR microphone inputs with switchable phantom power and high-quality preamps, US-122 MK2 delivers the basis for good-sounding recordings, while its input signals can be listened to by headphones with zero latency. Line-level sources or an instrument can be connected as well. And there are a mono switch, one MIDI input and one MIDI output, and a line output on RCA connectors.
Tascam US-122 MKII supports sample rates up to 96 kHz at 24-bit resolution. While commercial audio CDs are produced at 44.1 kHz/16-bit, this interface offers you more than double the sample rate which means more detail for your recordings. (If you need four instead of two channels of simultaneous recording or playback and an additional digital I/O, have a look at the Tascam US-144MKII.) Tascam US-122MKII Features:
- Provides two audio inputs and two audio outputs for a Windows or Macintosh computer
- Two XLR mic inputs
- Switchable phantom power (48 volt)
- High-quality, low-noise mic preamps
- Two analogue line inputs (one switchable to high impedance for use with guitars, basses, etc.)
- One MIDI input, one MIDI output
- USB 2.0 equipped (also supports USB 1.1)
- Up to 96-kHz/24-bit for high quality recordings
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring with level control and mono switch
- Level control for headphones and line output
- USB-powered, no AC adapter required
- Solid aluminum side panels
- Cubase LE4 included